Membrane Presses: Our range of membrane filter presses covers every size requirement.
The membrane plate is a significant technological development of the standard recessed plate. In our presses every plate or every other plate has a flexible face which covers both sides of the plate. The fundamental principle of membrane operation realises that approximately 75 to 80 per cent of the product to be filtered passes through the filter press in the first third of the cycle time. At this point, in each chamber two ‘half’ cakes have been built up. Press feeding is stopped and the flexible membrane outer surfaces are inflated by applying compressed air pressure (or water) behind the membrane surfaces. The two halves of cake in each chamber are then squeezed together, under pressure, forming a single cake of very homogenous consistency.
Clearly, utilization of the membrane filter press offers in many applications the following advantages over plate and frame and recessed plate filter presses:
- Increased product throughput
- Reduction of the residual moisture of the filter cake
- Filtration, wash and cake cycles shorter
- Cake air blasting can be omitted
- Drier cakes means energy saving on cake drying and transportation
- The optimised cake structure facilities quicker and better washing results
- Varying product quantities and compositions present no problems to the membrane filter press, irrespective of chamber depth, a cake will always be formed.
Membrane filter presses 800mm square with double acting hydraulic opening, closing and sealing. Available in standard finish or stainless steel clad.